Duties of the Associate Director
The Associate Director is charged with managing the day-to-day functions of both undergraduate and graduate programs within the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
The Associate Director provides oversight for curricular actions, scheduling, student retention, and advising and serves as the primary advisor and liaison to the Director on a variety of strategic initiatives. These initiatives include (but are not limited to) enhancing collaboration among CCI schools, general management, and budget development and administration.
The Associate Director also will take an active role in ensuring the School of Journalism and Mass Communication exceeds all standards expected of a program accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.
Within this capacity, the Associate Director:
1. Oversees scheduling of classes in partnership with the undergraduate, graduate, and sequence coordinators.
2. Develops and completes a consistent, effective assessment plan that emphasizes opportunities to inform course content and curricular development.
3. Plays an active role on the JMC recruiting and retention committees.
4. Acts as the school’s liaison to the college advising staff.
5. Supervises full-time and student staff as assigned.
6. Helps the director handle student complaints.
7. Represents the Director in his/her absence.
8. Serves as a liaison between school and university through active participation on committees.
9. Coordinates post-secondary and articulation initiatives.
10. Serves as school liaison to regional campuses.