Graduate Studies Committee
The Graduate Studies Committee (GSC) is charged with overseeing curriculum and assessment across the graduate programs. It will include the following members:
- The Graduate Studies Coordinator shall be the chair.
- The Associate Director of the School shall be an ex officio member.
- The graduate interest areas shall each be represented by one elected committee member.
- Two additional members at-large may be elected.
- A graduate student enrolled in the JMC master’s program shall be appointed to the committee by the Graduate Studies Coordinator. The graduate student is a non-voting committee member.
- Only members of the JMC Graduate Faculty Committee may be elected to the Graduate Studies Committee. Members of the Graduate Studies Committee shall be elected by the Faculty Advisory Committee.
- The length of term of each elected committee member shall be two years.
- To ensure continuity, the election of members of the Graduate Studies Committee shall be held at the beginning of the second year of the Graduate Studies Coordinator’s two-year term. The Graduate Studies Coordinator in consultation with the Director of the School will nominate a slate of candidates for election, and nominations also will be accepted from the floor.