Enroll Now in the Peer Leader Training Workshop
Are you an undergraduate student that would make a great Peer Leader? Are you looking for a way to get involved on campus? Take part in this free 12 week non-credit Peer Leader Training Workshop Spring 2015.
This 12 week non-credit Spring Peer Leader Training Workshop is offered through the Office of Student Success Programs. Students that successfully complete this workshop can apply to become:
- Welcome Weekend Staff
- Student Success Leader
- Kupita Transiciones Peer Mentor
- EXCEL Living Learning Community Mentor
- Transfer Kent State Student Ambassador
This workshop serves as a training opportunity for students that would like to serve as peer leaders for new student transition and retention programs such as Destination Kent State Programs (Advising and Registration, Welcome Weekend and the First Year Experience Course), Kupita/Transiciones Orientation Program, Transfer Kent State and Living Learning Communities.
Students will develop a solid foundation in
- Kent State University programs, resources, policies and procedures;
- First-year student transition issues;
- Characteristics of Kent State Students and diverse student populations,
- Roles and responsibilities of student leaders;
- Skills and techniques for effective communication, leadership, professional ethics, and conflict resolution;
- College success methods and strategies for first-year students;
- Facilitation, presentation, and processing skills.