International Graduate Certificate Application
To complete the application process a graduate applicant must review this list in order to gather necessary application materials prior to applying. Students are able to check their application status by using the username and password established when starting the online application.
- The application is divided into multiple sections to allow you the option of completing the application in one session or in multiple sessions.
- To return to complete the application at a later time, just enter your username and password.
- To check your application status, click the "Check the Status of an Existing Application" button found on this page. Remember you will need your original username and password to securely check your status.
- This option is for applicants who wish to take a limited number of graduate courses for self-improvement, intellectual curiosity or expansion of areas of professional expertise.
- This classification is only for those students not working toward a graduate degree at Kent State University.
- At most 12 semester hours of credit may be petitioned to satisfy requirements for a degree program. Such a petition must receive approval of the department/school and of the appropriate graduate dean. Note that only 6 semester credit hours can be transferred in some departments/schools graduate programs.
- Non-degree students may not transfer credit earned at another university.
- Students who are pursuing graduate certificate programs should apply as a non-degree student, unless they are already in a degree program.
Anyone who has been denied admission to graduate studies, or is under dismissal from the University, is not eligible for non-degree student status.
You will be prompted to select the academic unit (i.e. College of The Arts, College of Communication and Information, etc.) of your intended major, and a concentration area if applicable. This information can be found in the Graduate Programs Listing.
To complete the application process an international graduate applicant must upload the following items in the application portal.
- Application Fee
There is a $70 nonrefundable application fee. You will be prompted to submit payment via the online application.
Applicants must upload a scanned copy of official transcripts/detailed marksheets (Certified English translation and original language) & College Graduation Certificate/Diploma if already issued (Certified English translation and original language).
A complete and official record of all institutions attended.
If you have attended more than one secondary school, records for each must be submitted. School records must be submitted in their original language and should be accompanied by certified, literal English translations.
- English Proficiency Examination
All applicants whose education has been primarily outside the United States must have objective evidence of proficiency in the English language. Some applicants may be eligible for an English proficiency waiver.
- Financial Documents
International applicants must complete the Financial Information Worksheet for International Students. The worksheet must be accompanied by a current bank statement from the sponsor's financial institution. Access the Financial Information Worksheet form. Please note that financial documents are only required after acceptance for immigration document issuance.
Thank you for reviewing the graduate applicant requirements tip sheet. Visit the Office of Global Education's International Admissions page for additional information.