The Kent State Farmers' Market is a perfect example of programming that exposes the university community to nutritious local foods, products, farms and agriculture. The collaborative project aligns perfectly with the mission of the Kent State of Well-being and highlights the new eight dimensions of well-being framework promoted on our campus.
Dates, Times and Locations (rain or shine)
- Tuesday. Aug. 23, 2022 from 4 - 7 p.m. on the University Esplanade by the Architecture Building
- Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022 from 4 - 7 p.m. on the KSC Student Green
- Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2022 from 4 - 7 p.m. on the KSC Student Green
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2022 from 4 - 7 p.m. in the DI Hub
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2023 from 4 - 7 p.m. in the DI Hub
- Tuesday, Mar. 21, 2023 from 4 - 7 p.m. in the DI Hub
- Tuesday, Apr. 25, 2023 from 4 - 7 p.m. on the KSC Student Green
- Tuesday, June 27, 2023 from 4 - 7 p.m. on the KSC Student Green
Vendors will be current participants in the Haymaker Farmers’ Market weekly Saturday market and may include food vendors (fresh produce, meats, baked goods, honey, maple, prepared foods, etc), plant vendors (flowers, live plants), and artist vendors.
If you are interested in being a vendor at the market, please contact Andrew Rome with Haymaker Farmers' Market at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vendor List (as of 6/28/22)
- Barton Farm & Gardens
- Bigfoot Mushrooms
- Brockett Family Farm
Busy B Bakery
- Goodell Family Farm
Haffs Hot Sauce
Kline Honey Bee Farm
KSU Art Glass
- Next Generation Farm
- Seasoned Foodie Professional
Smyrna Mediterranean Morsels
Recreation & Wellness Services
The Office of Sustainability
Culinary Services/ Hospitality Management / Chefology
Haymaker will centrally locate vendor payments on-site at each event through the use of a token or voucher system including FlashCash, credit/debit cards, SNAP food assistance benefits, Produce Perks food assistance, P-EBT, and WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program. Any remaining tokens can be used at the Haymaker Farmers' Market held in downtown Kent on Franklin Ave. from April through November from 9 a.m. -1 p.m., rain or shine.
Parking for vendors and participants is available in the Student Center lot and the C Campus Center lot.
Public restrooms are available inside the KIVA.
Smoke-Free, Tobacco-Free Policy
Kent State University has a smoke-free, tobacco-free policy on any property owned, operated or leased by the university to include all outside areas and personal vehicles parked on university property. The policy applies to all members of the university community including:
Vendors, contractors and others doing business on Kent State property
Visitors to any Kent State campus or location
Customers on all Kent State property