Mission, Vision and Values
Kent State of Well-being's mission is to support, promote, and create robust opportunities, programs, and resources that enable individuals to achieve a holistic sense of health and well-being. We encourage the entire community to invest time, talent, and resources toward cultivating a safe, just, and healthy culture.
"Student well-being at Kent State is rooted in a public health approach that enhances holistic health, well-being, and safety for all students. By implementing prevention and health promotion strategies, we can support academic success, promote student development and engagement, and strive for health equity. Simply put, the vision is to seamlessly integrate well-being and academic success in a manner that allows for students to thrive."
- Dr. Lamar Hylton, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Social justice is a critical foundation of equitable health and well-being.
- Sense of belonging enhances emotional well-being as well as personal and academic success.
- Engagement advanced through listening, dialogue, and active inclusion.
- Self-advocacy is crucial to agency and empowerment, central to health, well-being, and achievement.
- Self-reflection is a necessary practice for mindfully considering one's needs, behaviors, and responsibilities.
- Institutional assessment is essential to recognize and transform existing barriers and organizational structures that impact health equity and well-being.