Student Smoking Cessation Resources: Ready to Quit?
Are you feeling ready to quit? If you are, we are certainly here to help and support you along the way. Below you will find a comprehensive list of resources. Let’s quit together! You CAN do it!
Benefits of Becoming a Non-smoker
- Improve your chances for a longer life
- Look and feel healthier
- Feel more energetic
- Breathe easier and be able to exercise
- Save money
- Protect those around you who may be harmed by your smoking, especially if you are pregnant or around children
Apps and Online Quit Programs
These resources offer helpful tips, information, social support, diversions from cravings, and reinforcement for one of the best decisions a tobacco user can make to quit.
- Become an EX (Web-based)
The EX plan teaches you how to live life without cigarettes in three steps. It is based on scientific research and practical advice from ex-smokers.
- Smokefree.gov apps (App)
Get 24/7 support with a Smokefree app for your smartphone. These free apps offer help just for you based on your smoking patterns, moods, motivation to quit, and quitting goals. Tag the locations and times of day when you need extra support. Available for iOS and Android phones.
- Smoke Free - Quit Smoking Now (App)
Free app with in-app purchases.
- Freedom from Smoking (Web-based)
Evidence-based program from the American Lung Association consisting of eight self-paced modules to assist you in quitting tobacco.
- Kill the Can (Web-based)
Free resources and tools to help dip, snuff, and chewing tobacco users quit.
- Ohio Tobacco QuitLine
Available to all Ohio Residents
The QuitLogix program is a free service available to eligible members 18 years of age and over. Online and telephonic support are available 7 days a week
- American Cancer Society Quit for Life Program
Available to any individual interested in smoking cessation support
Free telephonic support program to assist individuals trying to quit smoking.
Quit For Life gives tobacco users the support and help they need to stay focused on their personal reasons for quitting. Those willing to try to quit will get:
- Multiple outbound coaching calls and unlimited toll-free access to a Quit Coach
- Unlimited access to Web Coach®, an online community that offers e-learning tools, social support, and information about quitting
- Decision support for the type, dose, and use of medicine and mail order access to the medicine
- Text2Quit – text messages personalized to each participant’s quit plan
- A printed, stage-appropriate quit guide
- Tailored, motivational emails sent throughout the quitting process
- American Lung Association
Freedom From Smoking (PDF)