Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Alfreda Brown, Ed.D.
Vice President, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- B.S., Roberts Wesleyan College
- M.S., Rochester Institute of Technology
- Ed.D., Nova Southeastern University
Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Brown has responsibility for the executive leadership and management of Kent State University’s diversity and inclusion matters, leading strategic diversity planning for the university and ensuring successful implementation of related policies, programs, and projects. Brown works in partnership with the university president and senior leadership in advancing diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion as integral components of Kent State’s excellence agenda. Brown also suggests and implements policies, programs, practices and resources needed to foster inclusiveness, serves as a resource to improve diversity recruitment and retention efforts, and works collaboratively with the faculty and staff to expand cultural competencies to bring about a greater understanding and valuing of differences in people across the Kent State community.
- Associate Vice President, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Dana Lawless-Andric
- Executive Director, Faculty and Graduate Student Retention, Inclusion and Success, Dr. Ruth Washington
- Project Director, Sonya Williams