What if I don't know what to declare as my major?

If you haven't yet determined a major, you can look at the 13 interest areas listed on the GPS website. They briefly describe the characteristics of the person who may be interested in one of the many majors included in each area. If you are still undecided, you may enter the Kent State as an Exploratory major. Exploratory majors have opportunities for extensive career/major exploration during their freshman year. You may want to contact the Career Services Center (330-672-2360 or Career Services) to meet with a career counselor. This is a free service to Kent State students. There are also two career exploration classes you may consider.  Your academic advisor can assist you with enrollment.