Guaranteed MBA Admission Program
Kent State is proud to offer incoming students with an excellent academic record direct admission into the MBA program. Through this program, students could complete their bachelor’s degree and MBA in as little as five years! Students that meet the requirements below and who maintain academic excellence during their bachelor’s degree program will receive the following benefits:
- Automatic admission into the MBA program
- No graduate school application fees
- No need to take the GRE/GMAT
- Application essay and letters of recommendation waived
Students who receive the invitation to participate in the program do not need to do anything further to participate in this program. The offer has been included in their academic files, and the offer will activate when they submit their application to the MBA program during their Junior year.
Incoming Student Program Requirements
For Incoming Freshmen
- High school GPA of 3.4 or better
- Preference given to candidates with rigorous high school coursework (AP, IB, CCP, Honors, etc.)
For Incoming Transfer Students
- Transfer GPA of college level credit of 3.2 or better for students with 30+ college credits
- Transfer students with 29 credits or less will be evaluated on a combination of their college level coursework GPA and high school GPA
Program participants must maintain and meet the following requirements during the pursuit of their bachelor’s degree at Kent State:
- Enroll in a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) major
- Maintain a minimum cumulative Kent State GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Quantitative Course Requirements – Students must take two (2) quantitative courses, such as advanced algebra or statistics, and receive a “B” or higher in both courses.
- Submit MBA application during your junior year to allow for combined degree course identification
Students admitted to the MBA program through this offer have the ability to defer the pursuit of their MBA for up to one year.
- College of Business Administration Bachelor of Business Administration Majors
- College of Business Administration MBA Programs
- Scholarship opportunities for undergraduate business students