Kent State of Wellness is offering Meditation Across Campus, an opportunity to join in with other students, faculty and staff for free, facilitated meditation sessions with drop-in times available at different locations throughout the Kent Campus. Meditation begins the first week of classes and will continue until the start of finals.
Livestream of meditation via Zoom every Tuesday and Thursday at 10 AM, starting Thursday, March 26.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 440 404 180
Studies have shown that meditation helps to reduce stress and anxiety, can help to treat or prevent depression, improves cognition and reduces distractions, among several other benefits.
Instructions For Live-Streaming
- Copy and paste link in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox URL address bar
- If you do not have Microsoft Teams application downloaded, you can choose to download it or continue using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser
- Use Kent State username and password to login
- Enter live stream with microphone muted and camera off
What Can You Expect?
Never participated in a meditation session? Here’s what you can expect when you drop in for a 30-minute campus meditation session:
- A brief overview of the practice;
- What to expect from the session;
- Some helpful ideas for getting the most out of the practice;
- Followed by a body scan for creating comfort;
- A brief breathing exercise;
- Short, guided meditation;
- Ending with silent meditation.
As the allotted time draws to a close, the facilitator will be available to close the practice and answer any questions. It’s designed to be simple, straightforward and accessible.
Here are some things to consider when meditating;
- Try to be on time, but if you can’t, please come entering the space quietly, get comfortable and settle in. Likewise, if you need to leave early, please exit the room quietly.
- All the locations will have chairs, but feel free to sit or lie on the floor if that feels better for you.
- Bring a friend(s), but please be silent during the meditation, silence your phone, or better yet, shut it off.
- Drop expectations at the door, just commit to being present and watch what arises – it is the consistent practice that brings the optimal benefit.
- Feel free to drop in at any date, time and location that works for you – the more you practice, the more you will experience the benefits in your life.
More locations, days, and times are available.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, or you would like to facilitate a session in your department, email Melissa Celko at email@example.com.