The More Aware Initiative, funded by Kent State University and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services through its Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, is offering QPR training. QPR stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer -- the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide.
QPR is a self-guided 60 minute online training.
Key components covered in the training:
- How to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
QPR is available for free to KSU families as well as KSU students, faculty, and staff. Faculty and staff who complete the training will receive 1 hour of Beyond Compliance credit (please allow up to 5 weeks to post).
To access this training, please visit http://www.qprtraining.com/setup.php. Organization code: Kent