Your Guide to Renting an Instrument Through the Glauser School
The Glauser School maintains a limited inventory of instruments for student use and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis prioritized by academic requirements.
- Please read the Statement of Responsibility, Terms and Conditions for renting an instrument.
- Fill out the reservation request form here.
- You will receive an email confirmation with the link to make your rental payment.
Statement of Responsibility, Terms and Conditions
- You agree to a rental payment of $40 per semester or $80 for the entire academic year.
- Ensemble Students: If you are required by an ensemble to use the requested instrument for a single concert, a rental payment is not required; however, all other terms and conditions apply and it must returned to the Administrative Clerk for Large Ensembles the next business day.
- Methods Classes Students: Students in instrumental methods classes already pay a fee for that class and do not have to pay an additional fee to reserve and use these instruments.
- You will be assigned a locker for the storage of the instrument.
- Instrument check-in will be at the end of each semester. Dates will be published on the Glauser School website and you will be notified regarding the check-in process by email. It is your responsibility to return the instrument to the Administrative Clerk for Large Ensembles by the posted deadline(s). Please note that leaving an instrument in a locker does not constitute check-in. Failure to return the instrument on time may result in the revocation or suspension of instrument borrowing privileges. A late charge of $150 and a hold will be placed on the undersigned’s records (grades, transcripts, diploma) until the instrument has been returned and all fees paid. In addition, the matter may be referred to Campus Security and be subject to the laws that govern illegal possession of property.
- Although normal wear and tear is expected, you agree to take the utmost care to protect the instrument from loss, theft or damage. You agree to be responsible for any and all damage to the instrument. In the event of theft or loss, you agree to be responsible for the replacement value of the instrument. You expressly agree that any damage or loss shall be charged to your student account.
- Please notify the Administrative Clerk for Large Ensembles of any repair needs before seeking repairs yourself. If you have the instrument repaired without first consulting with the Administrative Clerk, you will be responsible for all costs associated with the repair.
- The Glauser School of Music reserves the right to terminate this loan agreement at any time and for any reason. You agree to return the instrument within 24 hours following notification of termination from the Glauser School.
Questions or Need Assistance?
Administrative Clerk for Large Ensembles