Student Recital Procedure
PROCESS AND TIMELINE FOR STUDENT RECITALS
- Graduate Students can begin scheduling recitals on JULY 1.
- Undergraduate Students can begin scheduling recital on the first day of the FALL SEMESTER.
Student Recital Times and Hall Use Policies
Please note: Due to the current situation, recital times have been adjusted. See below.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: 8:00 p.m. only
- Tuesdays: No Recitals available
- Saturday and Sunday:
- 11:00 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m.
- 9:00 p.m.
All exceptions to the times listed above MUST be approved by the director of the School of Music and will only be considered due to extenuating circumstances.
All recitals MUST be scheduled outside of students’ class and ensemble performance times, including all scheduled rehearsals and performances, unless approved by ensemble directors.
Rehearsal Time: Further use of the hall constitutes rehearsal time. You are entitled to three hours of rehearsal time in the Recital Hall for your recital.
The Green Room is automatically reserved when you schedule your recital. However, use is restricted to the recital set-up (30 minutes prior to the start of your recital) and performance time.
- Please keep the Green Room clean and orderly.
- No food or drink (other than water) is permitted in the Green Room (it should not be used to host a post-recital reception).
Rescheduling and Cancellations:
- Students and faculty wanting to reschedule recitals to another date must get prior approval from the School of Music office.
- All cancellations must be noted and approved in the School of Music office.
Follow these steps to confirm your Ludwig Recital Hall reservation
These steps will likely be completed in quick succession. All should be done at least 3 weeks before your recital date.
Step 1: Complete a Pre-recital Hearing (if required)
- Schedule in consultation with your applied instructor. It is recommended to complete this step at least 3 FULL weeks before your recital date.
- If this cannot be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance, please complete Steps 2 and 3 first en secure your date.
Step 2: Make Your $50 Recital Payment to confirm your Ludwig Recital Hall reservation.
- Due at least 3 weeks before your recital date.
- To pay, click here to visit the School of Music Storefront page. Click "Recital Programs" on the page.
- The cost may be split between two performers following a single $50 payment online.
Unpaid recitals will be canceled following the 3-week deadline.
Step 3: Submit your Publicity Packet and Complete Program Draft
- Download the Publicity/Recital Program Instructional Packet.
- Download and fill out the Student Recital Program Template. You can fill this out and upload it.
- Fill out the Publicity Authorization and Program Upload Form.
After you fill out the form, you, your teacher and the Music Office will receive an email notification of complete submission.
Once ready, a program draft will be provided to your teacher and you for approval. Your teacher has final program approval.
Late programs may not be available for your recital and will only be created for archival purposes. There are no paper programs available due to Covid-19.
Use of Ludwig Recital Hall
Ludwig Recital Hall can ONLY be reserved by faculty, students and staff of the School of Music.
All other requests must be approved by the director of the School of Music.
Please submit these outside requests by emailing Kaitlin Mabrey, Administrative Specialist, at email@example.com.