PROCESS AND TIMELINE FOR STUDENT RECITALS
Updated recital booking request information as well as instructions for creating your program are now available.
Before submitting your recital booking request, please carefully review each of the tabs below.
Booking requests should not be made until after discussing your recital with your applied teacher about dates and the program and confirming the availability of collaborators.
- July 1 for Graduate Students.
- Aug. 1 for Undergraduate Students
- Fall Recitals: Oct. 15
- Spring Recitals: Feb. 15
At the time of booking, please be able to submit the:
- Name(s) of collaborative pianist(s).
- Name(s), instruments and emails of any additional collaborators.
- Graduate students: Names and emails of all recital evaluation committee members.
- A first-choice date/time and an alternate date/time.
- An initial draft of your recital program.
- A final program will need to be submitted four (4) weeks before your recital date.
- PDF or screenshot of your Recital Payment receipt ($50).
Recitals can be presented in Ludwig Recital Hall on the following days at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday: 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 and 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday:
- 11:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m.
- 9:00 p.m.
Any exceptions to times or location must be cleared by the Music Office prior to booking.
Build Your Recital Program
- You must submit a draft of your program at the time of booking.
- Please select from the templates below to build your program (Microsoft Word required, available in the Performing Arts Library Computer Lab).
- Graduate Solo Recital
- Graduate Joint Recital
- Graduate String Quartet Recital
- Graduate Collaborative Piano Recital
Undergraduate and Graduate Non-degree Templates
Pay Your Recital Payment
- You must submit a PDF or screenshot of your receipt (received via email).
- Click Here (Under Recital Programs)
Submit your booking request
- Please complete all required elements of step one prior to trying to book.
- You will be asked to submit a draft of your recital program and PDF/screenshot of your Recital Payment receipt in the recital booking request form.
- An email copy of your request will be sent to the Music Office, applied teacher, Stage Management, Recording Services, and you.
- After review by Music Office staff, an email will be sent to all parties informing of approval or denial of the request.
- Make sure you have a primary and secondary choice for your date/time.
Please note, recitals cannot be booked during holiday breaks or during finals week.
Submit your final recital program
- Use the appropriate template from Step 1.
- Review it carefully with your applied teacher before submitting to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare and submit your final program at least four (4) weeks before your recital date.
- A limited number will be printed and it will be made available on the website.
- Printed programs will be delivered to your applied teacher.
- You're entitled to three hours of time in Ludwig in advance of your recital.
- You can schedule the hours for a single three-hour session or divide them however you like.
- Request your rehearsal time(s) in Ludwig here. Please note the reason in the reservation request form.
- All cancellations must be noted and approved by the Music Office.
- Request to cancel your recital here.
- Before rescheduling, please make sure it is absolutely necessary. Rescheduling impacts several operational units with the School of Music, including:
- Music Office staff
- Recording Services staff
- Stage and House Management staff
- Marketing and Communications
- Rescheduling requires the permission of the Music Office.
- Request to reschedule your recital here.