Student Recital Procedure
PROCESS AND TIMELINE FOR STUDENT RECITALS
REserving Ludwig Recital Hall
Click here to view and reserve your date/time on the Online Ludwig Recital Hall Scheduler.
- Graduate Students can begin scheduling recitals on JULY 1.
- Undergraduate Students can begin scheduling recital on the first day of the FALL SEMESTER.
Selecting Recital Times and hall use policies
- Monday-Thursday recitals can only take place at 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm.
- Friday recitals can only take place at 7 pm and 9 pm.
- Saturday-Sunday recitals can only take place at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, 7 pm, and 9 pm.
- Please select from the options above.
All exceptions to the times listed above MUST be approved by the Director of the School of Music and will only be considered due to extenuating circumstances.
All recitals MUST be scheduled outside of students’ class and ensemble performance times, including all scheduled rehearsals and performances, unless approved by ensemble directors.
Rehearsal Time: Further use of the hall constitutes rehearsal time. You are entitled to three hours of rehearsal time in the Recital Hall for your recital.
The Green Room is automatically reserved when you schedule your recital. However, use is restricted to the recital set-up (30 minutes prior to the start of your recital) and performance time.
- Please keep the Green Room clean and orderly.
- No food is permitted in the Green Room.
Rescheduling and Cancellations:
- Students and faculty wanting to reschedule recitals to another date must get prior approval from the School of Music office.
- All cancellations must be noted and approved in the School of Music office.
Recital Payment and Publicity Packet
Confirming your Ludwig Recital Hall Reservation
- Secure and confirm your Ludwig Recital Hall reservation by making the $50 Recital Payment at least three weeks prior to the performance date.
- Click here to visit the School of Music Storefront page.
- On the page, click "Recital Programs" to pay.
- The cost may be split between two performers following a single $50 payment online.
- Unpaid recitals will be canceled following the 3-week deadline.
- Download, fill out and submit your Electronic Recital Publicity Packet and draft Recital Program to the Music Office no later than three weeks prior to the performance date.
- Click here to download the Electronic Recital Publicity Packet.
- Staff will provide the electronic publicity packet approval form to your applied faculty instructor when the first draft of the program is ready.
- Programs turned in after the deadline may not be available for the recital and will be printed only for School of Music archival purposes.
- Complete a Pre-recital Hearing (if required) as scheduled with your applied instructor.
- Your applied music instructor approves the final program.
- Upon approval, programs are printed and given to your applied music instructor.
use of Ludwig recital hall
Ludwig Recital Hall can ONLY be reserved by faculty, students and staff of the School of Music. All other requests must be approved by the Director of the School of Music. Please submit these outside requests by emailing Tammy McKenna, Administrative Clerk, at tmckenn2 [at] kent.edu.