PROCESS AND TIMELINE FOR STUDENT RECITALS
Booking, Confirming Your Reservation, Program Submission
Securing Your Recital Date
View the tabs below to book your recital date.
Recitals can be booked for:
- Graduate Students on JULY 1.
- Undergraduate Students on the first day of FALL SEMESTER.
Starting on these days, you can book for either the fall semester or the spring semester of that academic year.
Student Recital Times
Please note: Due to the current situation, recital times have been adjusted. See below.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: 8:00 p.m. only
- Tuesdays: No Recitals available
- Saturday and Sunday:
- 11:00 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m.
- 9:00 p.m.
All exceptions to the times listed above MUST be approved by the director of the School of Music and will only be considered due to extenuating circumstances.
All recitals MUST be scheduled outside of your class and ensemble performance times—including all scheduled rehearsals and performances—unless approved by the faculty of those classes/ensembles.
Recital Date Reservation Request
- View the Ludwig schedule and request your recital time.
- A member of the Music Office staff will review your request and let you know if it is approved.
- Please make sure to provide your first choice date as well as an alternate date.
- Make sure the dates work with the faculty and any collaborators before requesting to book.
- The Green Room is automatically added to your booking request, you do not also need to request to book it.
- You're entitled to three hours of time in Ludwig in advance of you recital.
- You can schedule the hours for a single three-hour session or divide them however you like.
- Request your dress rehearsal time(s) in Ludwig here.
Rescheduling and Cancellations of Approved Recitals
- Rescheduling: Moving your recitals to another must be approved by the Music Office.
- Canceling: All cancellations must be noted and approved by the Music Office.
- Request to reschedule or cancel your current recital time here.
Confirming your recital: Pre-hearing, Payment & Program Procedures
- Follow the steps below to confirm your Ludwig Recital Hall reservation.
- These steps will likely be completed in quick succession. All should be done at least 3 weeks before your recital date.
Complete a Pre-recital Hearing (if required)
- Schedule in consultation with your applied instructor. It is recommended to complete this step at least 3 FULL weeks before your recital date.
- If this cannot be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance, please complete Steps 2 and 3 first to make sure your date is secure.
- Pre-recital hearings can be scheduled in Ludwig or one of the classrooms. Make your classroom request or Ludwig request.
Make Your $50 Recital Payment to confirm your reservation
- Due at least 3 weeks before your recital date.
- To make your $50 payment, click here to visit the School of Music Storefront page. Click "Recital Programs" on the page.
- For joint and chamber music recitals: The payment cannot be split between two or more people in Storefront. Please submit a single payment and reimburse each other if needed.
NOTE: Unpaid recitals will be canceled following the 3-week deadline.
Submit your Publicity Packet and Complete Program Draft
- Download the Publicity/Recital Program Instructional Packet.
- Download and fill out the Student Recital Program Template. You can fill this out and upload it.
- Fill out the Publicity Authorization and Program Upload Form.
After you fill out the form, you, your teacher and the Music Office will receive email notification of complete submission.
Once ready, a program draft will be provided to your teacher and you for approval. Your teacher has final program approval.
NOTE: Late programs may not be available for your recital and will only be created for archival purposes. There are no paper programs available due to Covid-19.