String Audition Clinic
Kent State will host its String Audition Clinic on Saturday, April 18, 2020.
When and where
Saturday, April 18, 2020
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Center for the Performing Arts at 1325 Theatre Drive, Kent Campus
Who can attend?
Open to ALL high school string students interested in refining their audition skills.
- Jung-Min Amy Lee, violin | The Cleveland Orchestra
- Cathy Meng Robinson, violin | Miami String Quartet
- Joanna Patterson Zakany, viola | The Cleveland Orchestra
- Keith Robinson, cello | Miami String Quartet
- Bryan Thomas, double bass | Educator and Performer
- Dr. Jungho Kim | Director of Orchestra
Tentative 2020 Schedule
- 9:30 am: Sign-in for participants
- 10:00 am: Greeting from Dr. Kim
- 10:15 am: Session 1 – Scale Class Sectionals
- 11:05 am: Break/Transition to new rooms
- 11:15 am Session 2 – Masterclass
- To be considered to perform, submit a video audition to Dr. Kim at email@example.com.
- 12:05 pm: Break and snacks
- 12:30 pm: Session 3 – Sectionals on Excerpts
- 1:30 pm: Orchestral Sight-Reading with Dr. Kim
- 2:00 pm: Closing remarks and dismissal
Deadline: Friday, April 3 at 11:59 p.m.
We'll be using the Regional Orchestra Audition excerpt and etude as a common base for all participants.
Dr. Jungho Kim, Director of Orchestra
firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-2172