Graduate Auditions Overview
Who needs to audition?
All applicants interested in the MM Performance and MM Conducting programs.
Instructions for MM Performance Applicants
Applicants can request to do one of the following on their audition application:
- Audition in-person on one of our designated days.
- Audition in-person on a different day than those listed.
- Audition via video if you live an inconvenient distance from Kent
- Video recordings or links to video URL's should ONLY be supplied in your Graduate Studies application.
Instructions for MM Conducting Applicants
Conducting applicants should:
- Review the audition requirements below for your intended area of specialization (Choir, Orchestra or Wind Band).
- Submit a preliminary video recording directly to the professor in your intended area of specialization (Choir, Orchestra or Wind Band).
After reviewing the preliminary video:
- The faculty member will contact you directly to inform you of the next step in the audition process, which may include an invitation to audition in-person.
Instructions for M.A. and Ph.D. Applicants Interested in Applied Study
Applicants to any MA or Ph.D. program only need to audition ONLY if they wish to take applied lessons.