Lunchtime Engagement Series
The Center for Nursing Research sponsors a lunchtime engagement series designed to build dialogue and facilitate collaboration among faculty and students in relation to their research efforts.
Engagement Series presentations are generally held the first Monday of the month from noon to 1 p.m. in Henderson Hall. Some presentations are offered remotely to Kent State faculty via Blackboard Learn. Attendees may be eligible for one contact hour of continuing education (CE) credit*.
What should I expect?
At an Engagement Series presentation, you’ll join a group of other attendees in a meeting room and listen as a presenter or invited guest shares their expertise on a particular topic. At the end of the presentation, there will be a Q&A session where you will have the opportunity to ask the presenter questions.
This is a lunchtime event, so you may want to bring a boxed lunch. Snacks are usually provided.
* Kent State University College of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) (OH-023, exp date 08/01/2017)
- Feb. 1 - Pivot Searches for Nursing Research - Mark van 't Hooft, Ph.D.
- Mar. 7 - The Caregivers Experience with an Illness Blog: A Pilot Study - Dana Hansen, Ph.D., APRN, ACHPN
- May 2 - Flour + Water = Dough: Advances in Mixed Methods Research - Jo Dowell, Ph.D., RN, CRNP, PNP, FNP-BC, CFNE
- Sep. 14 - Nurse Health, Physical Activity and Shift Rotations - Mary K. Anthony, Ph.D., RN
- Oct. 5 - Report from NINR Big Data Bootcamp - Ratchneewan Ross, Ph.D., RN & Patricia Vermeersch, Ph.D., RN, CNP
- Dec. 7 - Technology & Education Management, Nursing & Health in Brazil - Visiting Scholar, Giovanna Callegaro Higashi
- Jan. 12 - Qualitative Data to Enhance Information Yield from a Randomized Controlled Trial - Ann Jacobson, PhD, Wendy Umberger, PhD, & Jessica Davis Sanata
- Feb. 2 - Home Reiki by Caregivers for Lung Cancer Patients Yea-Jyh Chen, PhD
- Feb. 9 - MEDTAPP Workforce Development and Quality Improvement Initiatives for Mothers and Infants, Older Adults and People with Mental Illness - Barbara L Drew, PhD & Wendy Umberger, PhD
- Mar. 2 - Impact of APNs on Chronically Ill Homebound Adults Lisa Echeverry, DNP
- Mar. 16 - Qualtrics - Kristin Yeager, Manager, Statistical & Qualitative Software Consulting, University Library
- Apr. 6 - Are Nurses as Active as We Think They Are? Mary K. Anthony, PhD
- Sep. 8 - Heart Failure Care Model for the Older Adult - Louann Bailey, DNP
- Oct. 6 - Urinary Incontinence Evaluation - Barbara A. Broome, PhD, Dean
- Nov. 3 - Home Reiki by Caregivers for Lung Cancer Patients - Yea-Jyh Chen, PhD
- Dec. 1 - Process of Organ Donation and Transplant: Brazilian and North American Context - Aline Pestana, Visiting Scholar