Pamela Rafferty-Semon, MSN-ED, RN
College of Nursing
My office hours are flexible throughout the week, so please email me to make an appointment so that we can meet viturally.
I have had almost 30 years of nursing experience working in a variety of settings. I have been a nurse in the hospital setting for 11 years, worked in the community setting for 5 years, and taught nursing students for 10 years. My nursing specialties include community health nursing, public health, health promotion and education, nursing education, and primary prevention. I am currently pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Health Education and Promotion at Kent State University College of Education, Health and Human Services.
- NURS 40020 - Community Health Nursing
- NURS 40045 - Integration of Leadership and Management in Nursing
- NURS 30070 - Health Care Policy
MSN-ED, University of Phoenix, 2009 BSN, Ohio State University, 1989
Community Health Nursing Public Health Nursing Health Education and Promotion Nursing Education Primary Prevention
- Rafferty-Semon, P., Jarzembak, J., & Shanholtzer, J. (January 31, 2017). Simulating complex community disaster preparedness: Collaboration for Point of Distribution. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 22(1), Manuscript 3.
- Rafferty-Semon, P., Jarzembak, J., & Shanholtzer, J. (April, 2014). “Creating Partnerships in Preparing the Community for Disaster” project to peers via a Power Point presentation and handouts at the Office of Experiential Education & Civic Engagement
- 2016, Nominee, Daisy Faculty Award, Kent State University College of Nursing
- 2014, "Creating Partnerships in Preparing the Community for Disaster” course project was awarded $500.00 to off-set costs associated with providing students with a disaster simulation hands-on experience.
- 2014, "2014 Faculty Commitment Award” presented by Kent State University Office of Experiential Education and Civic Engagement
Research Institutes and Initiatives
Healthy Communities Research Initiative