Yvonne M. Smith, Ph.D., APRN-CNS
As an educator, I have taught several courses in the undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. My current responsibilities include coordination of the Nursing Administration and Health Systems Leadership concentration in the MSN program.
As a nurse researcher, my interest is in nursing presence in leadership and in online education. My previous mixed methods research explored nursing faculty perceptions of experiences, strategies and intensity while teaching in the online environment. Building on this work, I am interested in evaluating how relationships in nursing education and practice influence both learning and practice related outcomes. Current studies focus on understanding teaching effectiveness in the online environment and the effectiveness of nurses serving on governing boards and the experiences that contribute to their effectiveness.
- NURS 64202 - Nursing Administration and Health Systems Leadership Seminar I
- NURS 64292 - Nursing Administration and Health Systems Leadership Practicum I
- NURS 64302 - Nursing Administration and Health Systems Leadership Seminar II
- NURS 64392 - Nursing Administration and Health Systems Leadership Practicum II
- NURS 76299 - Clinical Scholar
- NURS 60024 - Health Care Organization Structure and Behavior
- NURS 41095/61095 - Global Health Immersion - Geneva
College of Nursing
Varies by semester; See posted hours outside office door or contact by phone or email.