BSN Admission Requirements
Nursing Major Requirements
The university affirmatively strives to provide educational opportunities and access to students with varied backgrounds.
Prospective applicants must have completed high school mathematics. The College of Nursing recommends students complete a high school level biology and chemistry course.
In addition, students must have achieved one of the following:
- Minimum 2.7 overall high school grade point average (on a 4.0 scale); and a minimum 22 ACT composite or a minimum 1100 SAT.
- Minimum 3.0 overall high school grade point average (on a 4.0 scale).
Admission to the Nursing major is selective; the process is competitive, and acceptance is never guaranteed.
Transfer Students are required to request all official transcripts from each college or university attended other than Kent State University. Transfer students are required to apply to Kent State University and be accepted prior to acceptance into the Nursing program. Call the Office of Student Services at 330-672-7911 for additional information.
Transfer Requirements & Application
Professional Nursing Sequence Requirements
Students can apply for admission to the professional nursing sequence upon meeting these requirements:
- 30 semester hours of college-level coursework, including in-progress
- A 2.75 cumulative GPA
- An overall average 2.75 GPA in the required science courses, with a 2.0 (C) or better in each of those courses
- Completion of the required math course with a 2.0 (C) or better
Admission into the professional nursing sequence is highly competitive and is not guaranteed.