Get Started with Proctorio
Starting an Exam in Proctorio
To start an exam with Proctorio, please follow the steps below:
- You must have the latest version of the Google Chrome browser installed along with the Proctorio Chrome browser extension.
- If you need technical assistance, please reach out to Proctorio directly by using the chat function built into the Proctorio Chrome browser extension or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information on getting started can be found in the quick start guide.
- The Proctorio service is only available for online courses (those that are 100% online, 100% online with set meeting times, or at least 50% online) and your course may not be eligible if it is a traditional face-to-face course
- Proctorio does not require any advance scheduling and there is no charge to students for the use of the service. There are also no limits on the number of exams that may use the service.
If you are enrolled in an online course and do not see your exam, please ask that your instructor to contact email@example.com to get started with a remote test proctoring service.
Please note that you do need to check with your syllabus and/or directly with your instructor on any available testing sessions being offered on a campus. Typically, these on-campus sessions will be held at the instructor’s “home campus” or the campus that they tend to spend the most time. Follow the guidelines of your instructor regarding testing and how to attend these sessions. If you are unable to attend your instructor’s testing sessions on-campus, a remote test proctoring service is your next option. Through your computer’s webcam and high-speed internet connection, you can take your exam wherever you may be, whenever it is convenient for you.
If you are unable to attend your instructor’s testing sessions or use a remote test proctoring service, then you will need to schedule a testing appointment with one of the campus testing centers or with an approved off-campus facility. Please note that on-campus testing centers have limited capacity and testing hours. Using a remote test proctoring service will be your most flexible option for scheduling exams.
PHYSICAL TEST PROCTORING SITES
There may come a time when you are asked to take a proctored exam at a physical proctor site. Please note that proctor sites MAY charge fees for their services. The student is responsible for paying all fees for proctoring. We work to provide sites that are free or charge minimal fees. If you plan to use an alternate site when you call for an appointment you should ask that site if a fee is charged. If you have any questions regarding suitable proctors, contact your instructor.
For your convenience, we have provided several locations where you can take the exams with a proctor. You are permitted to find your own proctor and location (all costs associated will be your responsibility). However, the proctor and location you select must be approved by the instructor at least five business days prior to the exam date.
- Learn about how physical test proctoring works
- Learn about Kent State University Proctor Sites
- Learn about Alternate Proctor Sites