Links to Kent State University student support services including online tutoring through the Academic Success Center, online resources in Career Services Center, online Academic Advising, and accessibility accommodations for online students.
Kent State University One Stop
The One Stop has services to help you if you have questions about registration, financial aid, billing, and transcripts.
Academic Honesty and Plagiarism
Kent State University's policy on academic honesty and plagiarism. For additional information on understanding, identifying, and avoiding plagiarism in an academic setting visit the Academic Honesty & Plagiarism resources web page.
Career Exploration and Development
Kent State Exploration and Development offers a variety of career counseling information online
The FLASHcard is your Kent State University ID that may be needed to confirm your identity when taking online proctored assessments. Check the FLASHcard FAQs for instructions and a distance learning application form.
Kent State University Libraries
The following are a few of the services and resources available from the library:
- Library Tutorials: New to the library? The Kent State University Library has several tutorials on how to use the tools available and lists many of the services that are offered.
- Ask a Librarian: Need help, but can't get to the Library? You can now get expert help from a KSU Librarian via instant text messaging.
- Library Services for Distance Learning Students: University Libraries provides a variety of services to off-campus and distance learning students. These include off-campus delivery (to home or work), ebook access, and access to OhioLINK services.
- Library Research: The library offers several services for research including information about the collection, numerous databases to search, e-books, a journal finder, managing your research, and tools to assist with citation.
- Course Reserves (Ares): Occasionally your professor may require you to read articles found in the electronic reserves section of the library. You will need a password and a link to a directory set-up for your online course.
- Copyright and Fair Use: It is very important when creating papers, projects, and presentations to make sure all sources and materials are used appropriately. Knowledge of copyright laws and fair use doctrine can help avoid unauthorized or inappropriate use of copyrighted materials.
- Citation and Writing Resources: Proper citation is critical to scholarly writing and avoiding accusations of plagiarism. There are many resources available on the library web site to help online students learn how to properly cite reference sources in their writing. Links to both MLA and APA are listed as well as many others.
Student Accessibility Services
Student Accessibility Services (SAS) provides assistance to students with varying degrees and types of disabilities in order to maximize educational opportunity and academic potential.
Office of the Student Ombuds provides students with confidential consultation in assisting with resolution of university-related concerns, grievances or appeal.
Textbooks, computer hardware and computer software applications can be purchased online through the KSU bookstore.
Adult and Veteran Services
Meeting the specific needs of non-traditional students and students serving in the military. Several services are available to online students.
The Writing Commons provides online tutoring to help students improve their writing skills.