Faculty Workshop - Online Teaching Orientation and Refresher (OTOR)
- Summer Session 1a: June 1 - July 3, 2020 (Class Full)
- Summer Session 1b: June 8 - July 3, 2020 (Register Below)
- Summer Session 2a: July 13 - August 14, 2020 (Class Full)
- Summer Session 2b: July 13 - August 14, 2020 (Register Below)
This self-paced, asynchronous online session is designed around essential online teaching topics and practices, and is perfect for both new and experienced online faculty. Participants will explore topics such as: creating and maintaining teaching presence, student accessibility considerations, classroom management techniques, collaborative group learning, online assessment tools, and more. Faculty will also complete selected applied practice activities that they can then use in their current and future online courses. This session will take approximately 40-60 hours to complete, and feedback and guidance will be given by a Kent State Online instructor.
- 30 seats available per session for Kent State faculty, staff, and graduate teaching assistants.