During remote instruction, we recommend that class instructors conceptualize this endeavor as finding the most practical approach to finish delivering your class at a distance, rather than envisioning creating a fully online course built to our high-quality standards. When converting a course to a new delivery modality, practicality and simplicity are key.
- Visit the How Do I…? page for simple tips on delivering your class at a distance and instructions for using the appropriate tools.
- Visit the Teaching Strategies page to determine the best approach for class delivery.
- Visit the Faculty FAQs page for addtional information on remote instruction, policy, guidelines, and more.
- Visit the Trainings & Webinars page for help with specific tools.
- Visit the New Classroom Technology page for classroom technology equipment and resources.
Just as this is a major disruption for instructors, students will be equally nervous and inconvenienced. This will be a time when flexibility and understanding will be critical.
The demands on internet capacity and cloud-based tools and software are unprecedented. Please remember and remind your students that there are moments that things my run slowly or stop working for a short time.