- Accessing the Blackboard Collaborate Session (PDF)
- Adjusting the Camera and Microphone in Blackboard Collaborate (PDF)
- Breakout Groups
- Collaborate Ultra Bandwidth Management
- Creating Groups in Blackboard
- How to Add a Link to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra in the Course Menu (PDF)
- How to Add a Link to Collaborate Ultra to a Page in Blackboard (PDF)
- Recording Live Lectures in Blackboard Collaborate (PDF)
- Recording the Session and Accessing Previous Recordings in Blackboard Collaborate (PDF)
- Viewing and Interacting with Attendees in Blackboard Collaborate (PDF)
How do I...?
Kent State University provides access to tools and resources to help conduct classroom experiences at a distance, such as real-time lectures and classroom discussions, recorded presentations, shared materials and class assignments. This video provides an overview of these tools and offers ideas for getting started with your class organization, communication strategies and recommended practices.
- Keep on Teaching: Getting Started (2:40 min)
Kent State University has partnered with Adobe to provide free Adobe Creative Cloud licenses to our students, faculty and staff to allow continued access to the tools from off campus. Download and installation information.
Conduct a Real-Time Lecture or Discussion
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra helps to connect with your class in real time. The following materials demonstrate how to add Collaborate Ultra to your existing Blackboard course, facilitate a Collaborate Ultra session, present materials from your screen and talk live (online) with your students.
Record a Lecture or Presentation
Kaltura Capture provides a straight-forward way to record and share narrated PowerPoint; webcam video; screen and audio recordings with your class. Kaltura Capture is a useful technology option when you are otherwise unable to connect with your class online in real-time to deliver a lecture or presentation.
Create Assignments & Tests
Blackboard allows you to collect, manage, grade, and provide feedback on assignments for your students separately or in groups. Blackboard also provides tools to create and deliver online quizzes and exams.
- Keep on Teaching: Creating Assigments & Tests (X:XX min) - Coming Soon
- Creating Assignments & Tests QuickStart (PDF)
Identify Licensed Content for my Class
If you need online materials such as ebooks, streaming videos, articles, etc. for your course, please see the Course Reserves Website for more information and to submit a request.
For any additional assistance or questions, please reach out to your subject librarian.