Executive Director, Educational Technology and Service Management
Reopening Committee for Classroom Technology
- Recommend technology solutions for instructional spaces to allow digital and hybrid (digital and in person) delivery for Fall Semester.
- Streamline and coordinate procurement efforts in a central fashion.
- Develop communications designed to inform stakeholders about actions.
- Create training materials for faculty, local support, and educational technology support entities to ensure efficient class delivery.
- Evaluate traditional / lecture-oriented instructional spaces
- Determine a standard solution where possible
- Procure, implement and communicate solution
- Evaluate special use spaces to determine best solutions
- Procure, implement and communicate solutions
Work in Progress
The following communications materials are being created:
- Email message announcement to students with link to web page and other resources
- One-pager to be placed in instructional spaces (stand-alone with links to other resources for more detailed information)
- Instructional and demo videos will be created and added to the New Classroom Technology page and the Keep on Teaching / Keep on Learning websites
- All university instructional spaces have been evaluated and standard solutions have been determined for traditional / lecture-oriented classrooms.
- Equipment was purchased and has begun to arrive.
- Evaluations of special use instructional spaces are in progress and expect to conclude by the end of June.
- This website has been created and will continue to be updated.
- Communications to faculty members have been sent.