Setting up an Exam
Proctorio can be added seamlessly to your courses as they exist today, and no changes to any course content are required. For step-by-step instructions on setting up an exam see below.
*Note: In the steps below all exam options with a blue background are recommended settings to use when creating your exam.
Download a copy of How to Create an Exam and Recommended Settings (PDF).
Step 1 - Add the Secure Exam Proctor Tool
- From within your course in Blackboard, add the Secure Exam Proctor tool from Tools>More Tools>Secure Exam Proctor.
- Click submit to add.
- The tool has been successfully added to your course in Blackboard.
- Move the tool to the top of the course homepage by either dragging and dropping or manually reorder.
Step 2 - Install the Proctorio Chrome Extension
- From within your course in Blackboard, click the Secure Exam Proctor link and then click the link to install the Proctorio Chrome Extension.
- In the next tab that opens, click the link to install the Proctorio Chrome Extension. In the pop-up window, choose add extension.
- Navigate to your course once you receive the ‘Done’ message. You will also see the Proctorio help icon (gray shield) to the right of the address bar.
Step 3 - Check the Remote Proctoring Box
- Within your exam settings in Blackboard Learn, check the remote proctoring box to use Proctorio.
Step 4 - Choose your Exam Options
*Note: If you need additional help with each selection hover over the button and click on the blue question mark for more information.
In Quiz Tools
Please note: After copying content to a course, assessments with Proctorio enabled MUST have settings 're-engaged' by selecting "edit the test options" and waiting for Proctorio to display a "Success! Proctorio successfully copied your previous settings to the new exam" message.