The Division of Information Service’s Blackboard Learn support group provides online instructors with text and video tutorials, one-on-one consultations, and regularly scheduled training sessions in order to learn how to use Kent State University's official learning management system for delivering online courses.
A request form for combining multiple sections of an online course and information on technology tools integrated with Blackboard Learn such as Respondus, Lockdown Browser, or Collaborate are located on the Blackboard Learn support website.
Get Technical Support 24/7
Faculty experiencing performance or technical issues with Blackboard Learn should visit the KSU TechHelp support website to review Quick Solutions or submit a support ticket. TechHelp can also be contacted via phone, 330-672-HELP. KSU TechHelp services are available 24/7 all year, including holidays.
University Libraries can help support your online courses in a number of ways:
- Registering online learners for Distance Learner Book Delivery
- Consulting on needed information resources
- Connecting to online research consultation and reference support services
- Embedding a librarian in your course
- Creating online library instructional presentations
- Integrating library instructional tutorials and quizzes
- Setting up Ares Course Reserves
- Copyright services (see full description below on this page)
See our Distance Learning support page
LibGuides is a content management system used by University Libraries to curate knowledge and share information through online guides on specific subject areas, courses, useful resources and general information portals. Please see links below to LibGuides specifically related to development of online course materials.
For more information, contact your subject librarian:
University Libraries Copyright Services locates copyright owners and provides clearance services for third-party copyrighted materials for use in a variety of projects and endeavors, including:
- Teaching and learning
- Presentation and poster sessions
- Publication in books, dissertations, journal articles, multimedia, and other projects
- Institutional repositories, including the Digital Commons @ Kent State University.
Copyright Services can help you with copyright clearances for materials of all types, including:
- Text, including articles, chapters, poetry, and lyrics
Copyright Services provides:
- Instructional sessions for faculty, staff and students
- Informational responses to your questions and concerns
See our resources:
For an appointment, contact:
Head, Copyright and Document Services
Student Accessibility Services provides Kent State students with disabilities equal opportunity to participate in, contribute to, and benefit from all university programs, services, and activities. Faculty, as members of the university, are required by federal law to provide reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities. "Reasonable" may seem like a fairly vague term, and if you are unsure whether something a student is requesting is reasonable, please contact SAS for consultation.
The office of Student Accessibility Services provides faculty with the following resources and services:
- Accessibility checklist for faculty
- Guides on creating accessible course content (Word, PowerPoint, PDF, etc.)
- Exam/Quiz Proctor Sheet
- Syllabus statement about accessibility
- Providing accommodations and instructor responsibilities
For appointment contact:
Student Accessibility Services
University Library, Suite 100 (1st floor, just past the elevators)
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242-0001
The Office of Continuing and Distance Education provides assistance with proctored testing for online courses, those coded in Banner as V1, V2, or V3 (100% online, 100% online with set meeting times, and at least 50% online, respectively).