Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Our Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program is designed for students who already have a bachelor’s degree in any area of study and want to become a paralegal. The Post-Baccalaureate course work closely mirrors the paralegal minor and is traditionally completed in two to four academic semesters.
Similar to the paralegal major and minor, students in the Post-Baccalaureate program can focus their studies in general law or intellectual property.
Our Post-Baccalaureate Certificate is an effective and economical way to expand a student’s skills and enter into the legal profession.
Those applying to the Post-Baccalaureate program in Paralegal Studies must also send a copy of all transcripts directly to the Director of the program in addition to sending transcripts to the admissions office. This will expedite the ability of Post-Baccalaureate students to register for courses.
Balancing life, school, and a full-time job can be difficult. For convenience, our classes are offered during the day, evening, and online. Specialty courses are offered during the summer sessions as well. Both full-time and part-time students are welcome.
Curriculum for Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Category I: Must Complete All of the Following Legal Specialty Courses
- PLST 18000 Introduction to Paralegal Studies and Professional Ethics (3)
- PLST 28001 Legal Research and Writing (3)
- PLST 28004 Principles and Practice of Litigation (3)
- PLST 36792 Internship in Paralegal Studies: 3 hours (3)
CATEGORY II: Must Complete Six Courses from the Following: 18 Hours
- PLST 28003 Family Law & Procedure (3)
- PLST 28007 Estate & Probate Administration (3)
- PLST 35001 Environmental Law (3)
- PLST 35003 Health Law (3)
- PLST 35005 Labor and Employment Law (3)
- PLST 35007 Energy and Natural Resources Law (3)
- PLST 38002 Contract Law (3)
- PLST 38003 Administrative Law & Process (3)
- PLST 38005 Tort Law (3)
- PLST 38006 Applied Legal Research & Litigation (3)
- PLST 42701 Evidence and E-Discovery
- PLST 42705 Bankruptcy Law I
- PLST 42706 Bankruptcy Law II
- PLST 42708 Real Estate Law
- PLST 48300 Laws of Corporations and Other Associations (3)
- PLST 48401 Patent Law (3)
- PLST 48403 Patent Prosecution (2)
- PLST 48404 Copyright Law: Basics, Ownership Rights and Liability (3)
- PLST 48407 Trademark Law (3)
TOTAL CERTIFICATE HOURS = 30 Minimum cumulative 2.00 GPA required for graduation.