First Generation Families Affinity Group Information Session
Wed., Sept. 14 from 6:30 - 8 p.m. EDT via Zoom
Meet representatives from University College and Student Support Services to learn about their programs and resources, how best to support your student throughout their college experience, and connect with other families. Hosted by Melanie Jones, Director of Academic Diversity Outreach, University College, Adam Cinderich, Director of Student Support Services, and Shana Lee, Assistant Dean of Students & Director of Parents and Families Engagement.
Families of Students with Disabilities Affinity Group Information Session
Thurs., Sept. 15 from 6:30 - 8 p.m. EDT via Zoom
Meet representatives from Student Accessibility Services (SAS) and other families and to learn about valuable resources on campus and best ways to support your student.
Hosted by Amanda Feaster, Director of Student Accessibility Services and Zachary Strickler, Neurodiversity Coordinator.
Learn more about SAS.
Flash Scavenger Hunt
Bounce around Kent State’s valuable resources for a chance to win a Family Prize Pack! The scavenger hunt closes on Sunday, Sept. 17 at 6:00pm EDT. The winner of the Family Prize Pack will be randomly selected from completed entries and contacted via email.
Parents and Families Bingo
Play bingo virtually from the comfort of your home! Limited to the first 100 players, 1 card per player. To ensure multiple families have an opportunity to play, please limit one card per household.
How to participate:
- Download your Virtual bingo card
- Enter your first and last name and click Join Game
- Write down your Player Code. The Play Code is used to access your card if you close the page. Bookmark the link to easily return to your card. Then, click Play Now.
Here are three ways to mark your card:
- Use the webpage to mark your card. You can mark by clicking on the boxes.
- Print out your card by clicking the Print button and make physical marks.
- Take a screenshot on your computer or phone. You can mark by using a photo or screenshot editor.
- We will announce new numbers daily throughout Parents and Families Appreciation Week on our Facebook and Instagram pages. Follow along @KentStateFamilies!
- Have a Bingo? Send us an email or Facebook/Instagram message with a picture of your card! We will play until we have three bingos.