Fulani Institute of Academics and Arts
The Center of Pan-African Culture is currently accepting enrollment for the Fulani Institute of Academics and Arts (FIAA). This creative and cultural enrichment institute is intended to use cultural and academic enrichment to critically and creatively empower youth to be change agents in their communities and beyond. The overall vision of FIAA is to co-create space for young people to be affirmed in themselves so that they are prepared to work effectively in their own best interests. In addition, it may offer training and teaching experience for professionals who are preparing for careers in education. An immediate goal is to engage and expand the knowledge base of youth in the Kent community and its surrounding areas through an offering of academic, cultural, and creative workshops and activities. To enroll, volunteer, become a facilitator or offer training opportunities please contact: Dr. Asantewa Sunni-Ali, Director, Center of Pan-African Culture phone: 330-672-0157 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment forms be mailed or picked up from the Department of Pan-African Studies main office located in room 127 Oscar Ritchie Hall
Goals of the Fulani Institute of Academics and Arts:
1) To assist youth in mastering skills necessary to successfully matriculate through school
(skills include disciplined study habits and time management)
2) To assist youth in developing a strong self-esteem, positive attitudes and respect for others
3) To assist youth in setting academic, personal, and/or career goals and in devising plans to achieve them
4) To provide opportunities for youth to explore and hone their talents and abilities
5) To expand youths’ knowledge of history and contemporary culture of the African Diaspora
The institute will meet in room 250 Oscar Ritchie Hall
Saturdays:September 8 & 22; October 6 & 20; November 3 & 17; December 1 & 8
Time: 12 pm-2 pm
Sample FIAA Saturday Schedule
12 pm-12:30: Check in. Morning affirmations.
12:30-1 Academic enrichment activities
1:15-1:45pm: Cultural/creative enrichment activities
1:45-2pm: Collective daily assessment/check out.