DPAS offers two scholarships exclusively for their majors and minors:
Pan-African Studies Scholarship
- Awarded annually to a Pan-African Studies major and minor based on their financial need. Additionally, applicants are asked to submit a well-written essay explaining why they chose Pan-African Studies as a major/minor program of study.
- Applications are due in October.
- Award amounts vary, contact the Pan-African Studies main office for details.
Kim Todd-White Scholarship
Kim Todd-White was a 1968 graduate of KSU and taught in English and Pan-African Studies for over 20 years.
- Applications are accepted annually from any Pan-African Studies major or minor.
- Award amount $1,200
- Preference is given to students with a GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Scholarship can be applied to any of the following costs associated with tuition: room and board, fees, books, and supplies, and travel expenses.
- Applications due during Fall semester usually in mid-October or early November.
- Must submit a well-written essay in response to the following: why you became a Pan-African Studies major/minor, how you have funded your education, what you intend to do once you graduate.