Log on To Kronos Timekeeper
- Open a web browser (such as Internet Explorer).
- Type the following URL: https://kronos.kent.edu/
- Choose the appropriate link.
- Enter user name and password.
Log off of Kronos Timekeeper
- Click Log Off at the top left of the screen.
- Once logged off, click the X in the top right corner to close the browser.
Access one Employee’s Timecard
- From the My Genies tab select quickfind.
- Select the employee’s name from the list.
- Select Timecard.
Access Timecards for all Employees
- From the My Genies tab select quickfind or from Timekeeping select Pay Period Close or Reconcile Timecard.
- Select Actions > Select All from the menu bar to highlight all employee names.
- Click the timecard icon at the top left.
Add a New Punch
- Click the cell for the day that needs a new punch.
- Type the time in one of the accepted formats (0730a, 730p, 1930, 7:30p) and press Tab or use the mouse to move to another cell. If an a or a p is not typed, AM will be assumed.
- Add a comment and note to the added clock punch.
Delete a Duplicate Clock Punch
- Click in the cell that contains the punch to be deleted.
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard.
Transfer Hours to a Different Assignment
- Click the Transfer cell between the In and Out punches.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the transfer cell.
- Click Search… at the bottom of the drop-down box.
- Make sure the ORGN is selected
- Enter the orgn number in the Name or Description box and select Search.
- Double click the available entry to select it and move it to the right..
- Move down to the EE-POSN-SUFFIX.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the employee position.
- Move down to the SUPERVISOR-POSN-SUFFIX.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the supervisor position.
- Select ok at the bottom left which will take you back to the timecard.
- The last 5 transfers are available to select in the transfer drop down.
Enter Leave Time and Other Amounts
- Click the Pay Code cell for the appropriate day. There must not be any time punches on the line you are selecting. If there are a new line must be added.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the pay code cell.
- Select the Pay Code from the drop-down list.
- Click the Amount cell.
- Enter the number of hours, including a colon between hours and minutes (4:30)