Kent State Gmail on iOS
(iPhone, iPad or iPod touch)
First, you must enable IMAP.
To enable IMAP in Kent State Gmail:
- Sign in to Kent State Gmail through FlashLine.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Gmail settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP and then Save Changes
Now, follow these instructions for setting up your email on your iPod touch, iPad or iPhone:
To configure the 'Mail' app on an Apple device for access to Kent State Gmail, just follow these steps:
1. Make sure you've enabled IMAP in your main Gmail settings in Flashline (see above)
2. Open the Settings app on your device
3. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
4. Tap Add Account...
5. Tap Google
6. Enter your account information, being sure to use your full Kent State email address, including '@kent.edu'
7. Email is your @kent.edu address
8. Password is your FlashLine Password
9. You will be redirected to a KSU Login.
10. Re-enter your FlashLine User Name. and your FlashLine Password. Tap Sign in
11. Tap Accept
12. Tap Save
And you're done. You can add additional Gmail accounts by repeating the same steps above