4 - 07.101
Operational procedure regarding hazing
- Policy statement. All registered student organizations are required to adhere to the following operational procedures regarding hazing:
- Prior to any act of pledging or initiation, where applicable:
- The Ohio hazing law and the university hazing policy will be displayed in a prominent place in each fraternity and sorority house. The Ohio hazing law will be published annually in the "Digest of Rules and Regulations."
- The president, chapter advisor and pledge master of each fraternity and sorority will sign a statement at the beginning of each academic year certifying that he/she has read, understands and will make known to all members and pledges the Ohio hazing law and the university hazing policy.
- Faculty/staff advisors or administrative unit heads will make the Ohio hazing law and university hazing policy known to staff and students under their direction (e.g. residence life, intercollegiate athletics, band and ROTC).
- The office of campus life may require a pledge/associate or initiation activity listing from a registered student organization or other student group.
- Student organizations that fail to comply with the operational procedure of hazing may be deregistered by the assistant dean for enrollment management and student affairs or designee.
Policy Effective Date:
Mar. 01, 2015
Policy Prior Effective Dates:7/11/1983, 6/21/1995, 9/5/1995, 5/28/1997, 6/1/2007