4 - 03.101
Operational procedures and regulations regarding demonstrations, marches and speakers sponsored by student organizations
- The student representative of the sponsoring organization is responsible for contacting the office of campus life and will be directed by that office's staff to other appropriate university offices, including but not limited to:
- Scheduling office.
- Campus police;
- Audio-visual services;
- Student center.
- Only currently registered students who are members of the sponsoring organization may facilitate the planning of this event.
- Representatives of registered student organizations that wish to sponsor a demonstration, march or off-campus speaker must initiate the necessary registration and scheduling forms in the scheduling office. Information necessary to complete this process includes:
- Desired location;
- Event time;
- Estimated attendance;
- Route of march if applicable;
- Plans for security;
- Names of any off-campus speakers; and
- Hospitality plans for off-campus speakers.
Policy Effective Date:Mar. 01, 2015
Policy Prior Effective Dates:3/30/1978, 9/18/1978, 10/19/1994, 6/1/2007