5 - 12.401
Operational procedures and regulations regarding use of university facilities
- Purpose. For effective use of all university facilities, it is essential to utilize proper scheduling and billing procedures to make those facilities readily accessible at all convenient times.
- General procedure and provisions.
- Registrar. Authorized instructional use of facilities is scheduled by the registrar of the university.
- University scheduling office. The university scheduling office will accept requests to schedule facilities for other than authorized instruction and will coordinate the use of the requested facility with the appropriate university agency and/or facility curator. At least a calendar month before the beginning of each academic term, the facility curator will provide the university scheduling office with a complete list of areas available for scheduling, recognizing the unique demands of the departments or agencies normally using the areas.
- Scheduling by student organizations. A student organization is one that is registered pursuant to rule 3342-4-11.201 of the Administrative Code. Applications for scheduling of facilities by registered student organizations must be approved prior to scheduling by the office of campus life.
- Scheduling by non-university group or individual. The university scheduling office will require non-university groups or individuals to have a campus sponsor prior to use of a university facility. The non-university group or individual must sign a contract provided by the university prior to the use of any university facility.
- The privilege of use of university facilities by any organization or individual will be granted only if there is a properly executed agreement and/or contract.
- Rate charges and billing.
- The rate structure is developed by the vice president for administration and then approved by the board.
- The university scheduling office will coordinate all billing of accounts.
- For non-auxiliary operations, all funds collected for facility rental and replacement will be deposited in the general fund of the university. All income from use of facilities or the rendering of services by an auxiliary operation will be properly accounted for through its operation.
Policy Effective Date:Mar. 01, 2015
Policy Prior Effective Dates:11/4/1977, 10/18/1982, 8/18/1982, 6/4/2003, 10/3/2005, 6/1/2007