Kent State’s Pre-Law Program is the preeminent source for pre-law study in Northeast Ohio.
The pre-law program is committed to educating students about the significant role lawyers, and responsible citizenship, play in shaping American politics, public affairs and local communities.
Its mission is to cultivate professional identities that values public service, active citizenship and a dedication to advancing justice for all.
- A Pre-law minor
- Three plus three undergraduate/law degree option (with Cleveland Marshall and University of Akron law schools)
- Pre-law Service, Citizenship and Justice Living Learning Community
- Robust involvement in inter-collegiate American Mock Trial Association regional and national competitions through the Kent State's Mock Trial Team, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International, and the Pre-Law Club
- Exceptional advice about law school preparation and legal careers
In the fall 2022, there are a number of exciting, timely and cutting-edge virtual panels, constitutional conversations, and Constitution Day events!
Webinar Panel Theme: Supreme Court Activism or Restraint in Today’s Culture Wars
- Topics: abortion rights, gun rights, religious freedom, Ohio redistricting, and climate change (with Kent State professors, plus law faculty from area law schools)
In-Person Constitutional Conversations' Theme: Discussions of the U.S. Constitution’s Meaning and Political Significance
- Topics: freedom of speech, legal precedent reversals, [Constitutional hardball/politically extreme] U.S. Supreme Court Justice Appointments & Confirmations, and "shadow docket" judicial policy-making