- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Porthouse High School Academy
The Porthouse High School Academy is a summer theatre experience for high school students entering their sophomore, junior or senior years interested in performance and/or in theatrical design and technology. Every day, students will participate in several classes, including Master classes and will also have opportunities to observe the Porthouse Theatre company.
Students will benefit from comprehensive instruction in the theatre arts over the course of the two-week long academy. The Porthouse High School Academy is the perfect opportunity for students to learn more about all the areas of theatre, prepare for college theatre applications and auditions, and interact with theatre professionals from around the country.
June 19 - 30, 2017
The Porthouse High School Academy is a two week theatre intensive that meets Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
No sessions are held on Saturday or Sunday.
|Academy Cost||Deposit Amount|
Scholarships and Discounts
Scholarships are available on a first come, first served basis. Those interested in scholarships are encouraged to apply to the academy as soon as possible.
A $50 per student discount is also available if more than one student from the same family attends the academy.
WHO THE PROGRAM IS FOR
- Students looking for an intensive and comprehensive summer learning experience in theatre, particularly those interested in learning more about theatre as a profession.
- Students interested in strengthening their skills and knowledge of theatre prior to applying to college.
- Students who would like more experience in theatre arts.
- Students who would like to experience both a professional and university theatre program.
- Receive advanced training in theatre performance, design, and technology.
- Get a head start in your theatrical college career.
- Interact with and learn from professional theatre artists from across the country
Daily Academy Schedule
|8:30 a.m.||Daily Meet and Greet|
|9:00 a.m.||Theatre Arts Class|
|11:00 a.m.||Master Class|
|1:30 p.m.||Master Class|
|3:30 p.m.||Rehearse/Prepare Culminating Project|
|4:30 p.m.||Daily Wrap-Up Session|
Participants in the High School Academy will take Master Classes in a variety of different subjects, including:
- Acting Technique
- Costume Design
- Lighting Design
- Scenic Design
- Sound Design
- Audition Preparation
- College Preparation
Students may pack their lunch each day or visit the Kent Student Center for meal options.
How To Apply
Students interested in the 2017 Porthouse High School Academy need to complete the registration form and the hold harmless form found below.
Scholarships are available for the Porthouse High School Academy.
Payment can be made online through Kent State University at the link below.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
B-141 Center for the Performing Arts
1325 Theatre Drive
Kent, OH 44242