Full-time classified and unclassified employees at all campuses who have been employed by the university for a minimum of one year and who are in good standing with the university. Past recipients of the President's Excellence Award are not eligible to be nominated again for a minimum of two (2) years following their award. Faculty are not eligible for this award.
A nominee must demonstrate exceptional performance in advancing one of the following criteria that are aligned with the university's strategic goals. This includes actions, initiatives or projects related to the list below. A nominator may only submit one nomination per individual.
- Ensure a "Student First" focus
- Enhance the distinction of Kent State University as "One University"
- Increase the university's global competitiveness
- Demonstrate the spirit of collaboration to leverage Kent State's global reach for local impact
- Build commitment and loyalty to Kent State among constituents
- Support a commitment to diversity as an institutional asset
- Display a commitment to operational efficiency to enhance and expand it for the next generation of academically motivated students