Self-Study Info and Support
The academic program review Self-study report constitutes the foundation of any review by providing critical information to review committees, administrators, and other stakeholders. The Self-study gives the opportunity for program faculty and staff to step back and collectively examine programmatic strengths and weaknesses in areas such as curriculum, student learning assessment, resources and facilities.
To assist units with assembling a Self-study report, some templates have been provided below that reflect the nature of the unit's review. These templates outline important questions and topics to cover within the Self-study report. Please follow the designated template when constructing the Self-study report for greater consistency and readability.
- Self-Study Report Template – Academic Program Review
- Self-Study Report Template – Graduate Degree Only
- Self-Study Report Template – Abbreviated/Specialized Accreditation
There are some specific data that will needed in order to complete the Self-study report. This information is identified within the Self-study report template. To expedite obtaining this information a contact name is listed below for any area that may need to be contacted.
- Institutional Research
Institutional Research Info Officer
- Survey Research Lab
Director of Survey Research Lab
- Institutional Advancement
Associate Director, Advancement Services
- Research and Sponsored Programs
In addition to completing the Self-study report, a one to three page summary is required to be submitted as a separate document but alongside the Self-study. This summary should be written with the following guidelines kept in mind.
- Big picture overview of the program(s)
- Include highlights or points of pride for the unit or program(s)
- Include any challenges or difficulties that the unit or program(s) face, as well as ideas or plan to overcome them.