Employment Information for Part-Time Faculty
Please follow the instructions outlined below:
- Please sign and return your original offer letter to your department contact. Please note, by signing your offer letter, you are acknowledging that you have reviewed Ohio Ethics Chapter 1020E and Ohio Ethics Section 2921.42.
- Instructions will be sent to the email address provided regarding establishing your Kent State email. FlashLine is Kent State’s secure web portal that provides faculty with an assortment of resources to assist with your teaching needs. You will need to log on to FlashLine to establish your account.
- Academic Personnel will send employment forms via DocuSign, the platform Kent State uses to capture electronic signatures for new hire documents. A confirmation email will be sent after all documents have been completed.
- Schedule an appointment to have your employment eligibility confirmed using the Academic Personnel I-9 calendar
- Please review the list of acceptable documents (included in your DocuSign envelope) before you arrive for your appointment.
- When “My Lists” is available on the top banner in FlashLine, view your New Employee Checklist and complete several time sensitive onboarding action items to include enrolling in Payroll Direct Deposit (Direct Deposit), how to obtain a Parking Pass and a FLASHcard (Faculty Identification).
- You may enter W-4 Taxes Withholdings and State of Ohio Tax Withholding via the Employee Profile Dashboard link in FlashLine. Scroll down to “Taxes” and select the down arrow, then click on W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate and Ohio State Tax Exemptions or Allowance. If this information is not updated at the time of your first pay, we are required to withhold at the Single with Zero Exemption Rate. This is the highest tax rate. If you need additional information, please review Taxation.
For questions, please contact 330-672-8659 or 330-672-8701.
Employment Verifications: proof of employment or salary information are processed through uConfirm, please review Employment Verification for more information.
Employee Wellness: For information on services to support Kent State faculty and staff please visit University Benefits Wellness.