New Graduate Assistant
Getting started with the employment process:
- Visit the Academic Personnel Office located in Heer Hall Suite 320 to finalize employment forms to include retirement (information available by viewing Graduate Assistant Retirement Information and the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9.
- It is very important that you bring your unexpired documents which show both identity and employment authorization to Academic Personnel within three business days of your hire date. Please review the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 and the List of Acceptable Documents before you arrive to Academic Personnel.
- New hire forms will be sent to your email via DocuSign, the platform Kent State Uses to capture electronic signatures for new hire documents. A confirmation email will be sent after all documents have been completed. Please note, the new hire process is not final, until you visit Academic Personnel in person.
- Please enroll in (Direct Deposit), the process by which the university deposits your paycheck directly into your checking or savings account.
- Tax information is available through (Taxation).
If you have any questions, please contact Academic_Personnel@kent.edu or by calling 330-672-8717.
- Request for Additional Employment (FlashLine)
- Role and Status of Graduate Student Appointees
- Guide to Graduate Education 2018-19 download the full guide as a pdf.
- Membership in OPERS for College Students
- Information on Graduate Assistantships