How do I schedule an appointment?

Potential students can schedule an advising appointment either in-person or over the phone utilizing our web-scheduling system or by calling the College of Public Health at 330-672-6500. Appointments can be in person or by phone. Students should note when making the appointment via phone and call 330-672-6500 at appointment time.

When I graduate am I able to attend the university commencement ceremony?

Absolutely! Students in the College of Public Health online programs are full members of the Kent State community. You will have all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of any other Kent State student. Graduates who complete their programs online receive the exact same diploma and transcript as our resident students. As such, online students and their families will have the opportunity to attend Kent State University's commencement activities to recognize this significant achievement.

Can students complete the Bachelor of Public Health and transition to a Master's Degree in Public Health Program?

Academically qualified students may apply to the Master's in Public Health (MPH) degree program.  Students are encouraged to complete the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and follow the admissions steps for the program. Students who wish to have graduate level coursework apply to their undergraduate record can meet with a College of Public Health Academic Advisor to review their options.

Are proctors required for tests and examinations?

It is the discretion of the course instructor to determine if a proctor is needed for an examination.

Who do I call if I have problems accessing my course materials?
  • Kent State University students have access to our popular KSU Support articles online, as well as live chat with an agent 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Technical support agents are available by phone at 330-672-HELP (4357)
  • For more information, visit http://support.kent.edu
How do I access my course material?

The university utilizes a variety of platforms to deliver course content. All courses in the College of Public Health are available through http://learn.kent.edu. Faculty members in other departments may choose to utilize other synchronous or asynchronous platforms to deliver content.

How do I know when courses are offered?

Generally a large number of Kent Core Courses (general education requirements) are offered each fall, spring and summer for students to enroll in. Each fall and spring the College of Public Health offers ALL its Public Health Core Courses online for students to enroll in. During the summer a limited number of courses are offered. Students should speak with a College of Public Health Academic Advisor to assist in planning their degree. For a full listing of Kent State classes, visit Schedule of Classes (How to find online courses).

Am I required to submit a commuter exemption form?

Students who are under 21 years of age or who have fewer than 60 credit hours are required to fill out a commuter exemption form.

Am I required to submit immunization records?

Students who do not intend to physically enroll in classes at one of the Kent State University campuses are not required to submit immunization records.  Students who do receive communication from University Health Services requesting these records, can simply notify University Health Services of their online student status.

Is there one location to register, pay my bill, learn about my program requirements and access student services?

All student services are administered through FlashLine.