University Program Review
The College of Public Health presents its Self-Study as part of the University’s ongoing self-assessment for accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission – A Commission of the North Central Association. This review contributes to the educational mission of Kent State University.
The primary goals of this review include:
- Ensure that the College’s mission, goals, and priorities are consistent with the University's mission and strategic direction;
- Evaluate program quality relative to institutional standards and in comparison to national norms for the discipline;
- Assess the quality of academic programs by reviewing existing academic program strengths and weaknesses;
- Refine the scope of department offerings to optimize student access;
- Identify areas of academic program need and opportunity;
- Identify needs for new programs; and
- Assist the University and College in achieving the best use and allocation of available resources.
The review includes an examination of the College’s following characteristics:
- Goals and objectives
- Faculty quality and productivity
- Administrative quality and productivity
- Teaching/learning environment
- Space needs
On behalf of the College of Public Health, thank you to the administrative staff and all others who worked countless hours to put this material together for this program review.
Sonia A. Alemagno, Ph.D.
Dean and Professor of Health Policy and Management
Kent State University
College of Public Health
Table of Contents
- Figure 1: Organizational Chart of the College
- Appendix 1: Faculty Handbooks
- Appendix 2: Kent State University College of Public Health Final Self Study to Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), December 18, 2014
- Appendix 3: List of Regularly Offered Undergraduate and Graduate Courses
- Appendix 4: Complete Set of Undergraduate BSPH Roadmaps and BSPH Competency Matrix
- Appendix 5: Complete Set of BSPH Syllabi
- Appendix 6: BSPH Competency Matrices
- Appendix 7: Complete Set of Graduate Course Syllabi
- Appendix 8: MPH Competency Matrix
- Appendix 9: PhD Competency Matrix