Bowman Cup 5K Race
The 19th Annual Bowman Cup 5K Race: Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019 - 8 a.m
About the Race
Join us for the 19th Annual Bowman Cup 5K Race on Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019. The race, named after fedora-loving former Kent State University President Dr. George Bowman, will begin at 8 a.m. Participants are welcome to enjoy other Homecoming activities throughout the day, including the Homecoming Parade and the Homecoming Football game. The chip-timed race begins and ends in front of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC). An awards ceremony will be held immediately after the race and participants are invited inside the Student Recreation and Wellness Center for a variety of food and beverage items. Free parking is provided at the SRWC.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The race is chip timed and the course runs through Kent's residential area follows the Portage Hike and Bike Trail, letting participants enjoy its scenic route through Kent State University's surrounding community. The race will begin and end at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center
- $20 - through July 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- $25 - Aug. 1 - Sept. 19, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- $30 - Sept. 20 - 21, 2019 (morning of race)
- Chip timing system. Timing Services provided by Western Reserve Racing.
- Unisex t-shirts guaranteed for the first 500 participants
- Delicious free buffet for participants
- Raffle prizes from local vendors
Cash prizes for overall male and female winners are awarded to the following:
- First: $ 75
- Second: $50
- Third: $25
AGE GROUP WINNERS
First, second and third place male and female winners in the following age groups will receive medals:
|6 - 9||25 - 29||45 - 49||65 - 69|
|10 -14||30 - 34||50 - 54||70 - 74|
|15 - 19||35 - 39||55 - 59||75+|
|20 - 24||40 - 44||60- 64|
REGISTRATION AND CHECK-IN
Check In: Early Packet Pickup - Friday, Sept. 20 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the SRWC. Race Day Packet Pickup - 7:00 to 7:45 a.m. in the lobby of the SRWC.
Cancellation Policy: Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable to another person, event or year. The Bowman Cup will be held rain or shine.
* Due to insurance limitations, headphones, baby joggers, inline skates, animals, etc. are not permitted. Recreational Services reserves the right to refuse any entry.
If you have questions regarding any race details, please contact Jim Kraus by phone, at 330-672-0465, or by email at jkraus8 [at] kent.edu (jkraus8)gbailey [at] kent.edu (@kent.edu).