Class Projects & Media/Marketing Requests

seeking approval

Recreational Services welcomes students and media members to cover stories about facilities, programs or clubs.  We ask that you fill out a media request form prior to your arrival. Please allow 48 hours for the approval/denial of filming.  Individual(s) who seeks to film (photograph/video), interview, or conduct class projects in any Kent State University Recreational Services facility must be approved prior to accessing these facilities. Taking photos via cameras, video cameras, and cell phones is strictly prohibited in the pool, men and women’s locker rooms, and restrooms.

Upon approval of request via the Marketing Coordinator, individuals should come to the Pro Shop in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center or the Rental Counter at the Ice Arena at the time of the approved filming. A media pass will be given for the duration of the filming and should be returned upon the completion of filming.

Media requests for class projects or news stories

Media passes are needed for anyone who wants to cover a story about Recreational Services facilities, programs or clubs.  The media request form should be completed by students, Kent State media outlets or members of outside press organizations who are looking to interview, video or photograph Recreational Services members or staff for any project. A media pass grants press access to our facilities to photograph and interview members. We can also assist and arrange interviews with Recreational Services staff and experts on recreational topics.

Click here to submit a Media Request

Digital Signage

Recreational Services runs content on multiple displays throughout the Student Recreation and Wellness Center, Student Recreation Fields, Ice Arena, and Tri-Rec, most of which are available for submissions from internal and external sources. We will also run information from Kent State University entities (divisions, departments, student organizations, etc.). To maximize the opportunity for approval, digital slide submissions should be made at least five business days prior to when requesting to be ran.

Click here to submit a Digital Signage Request

Bulletin boards

Recreational Services allows patrons to post flyers on our bulletin boards located in the front entrance vestibule of the SRWC and in the Ice Arena.  No requests are required to post on the bulletin board; simply bring your flyer to post on your next visit to our facilities.  Additional flyers or handouts may be accepted by request to display in other parts of our facility.


Packages are available for off-campus and for-profit advertisements. Please contact for details.