Crooked River Adventures
Welcome to Crooked River Adventures! We are excited to have you join us this summer, and we are pleased to offer a variety of recreational and instructional opportunities on the Cuyahoga River and Mogadore Reservoir.
River trips include three destinations along the Cuyahoga River, all with easy-to-navigate routes and beautiful views. All river trips begin at Tannery Park in Kent, Ohio and end at Middlebury Bridge, Brust Park or Waterworks Park, and return transportation is provided. The water is calm, relaxing and perfect for beginners and families with children.
Due to our busy custom group schedule during the week, we only offer the standard river trips Friday – Sunday. If you have a group of five or more people, we can organize a river or lake tour for you! We look forward to seeing you on the water soon!
*Please contact Crooked River Adventures by phone at (330) 541-7467 or by email at KSUcrookedriveradventures@gmail.com for additional information, questions and reservations.
*Visa/MC/Discover accepted. We do not accept American Express.
- All participants 18+ must have a signed waiver; youth 3-17 must have a signed waiver by parent or legal guardian.
- Reservations are highly recommended because weekend trips fill up many days in advance.
- Children must be age of
- 3+ to ride in a canoe or tandem kayak with a adult.
- 8+ to float in a inflatable tube with adult present.
- 11+ to paddle their own kayak with an adult on the same trip.
- *Life jackets must be worn at all times.
Summer 2019 Crooked River Adventure Trips Schedule
Day: Friday (June 7 - Aug. 30)
- Middlebury Trip - 11 a.m.(1 hour)
- Brust Trip - 1:30 p.m.(2 hour)
- Waterworks Trip- 4:30 p.m.(3 hour)
Day: Saturday and Sunday (May 18 - Sept. 29)
- Brust Trip - 8:30 a.m.(2 hour)
- Middlebury Trip - 11 a.m.(1 hour)
- Brust Trip - 1:30 p.m.(2 hour)
- Waterworks Trip - 4:30 p.m.(3 hour)
Custom group trips are available on the river or at Mogodor Resevior. For more information, email KSUcrookedriveradventures@gmail.com
|Single Kayak||300 lb. limit||holds one person|
|Tandem Kayak||450 lb. limit||holds 2 people|
|Canoes||1,150 lb. limit||holds 2 adults + possibly up to 2 children|
*Add up to 2 small children per canoe
*Return transportation provided for all Kayak/Canoe trips
- $5 per hour (2 hour max. rental)
- We have 12 tubes total
- Rental equipment includes a tube and life jacket
- Participants are required to wear a life jacket and closed-toe shoes when tubing
- No shuttle service provided
- All tubes must be returned by 5 pm
- There will be a $25 late fee for tubes returned after 5 pm
Cuyahoga river options
Already know which trip you want?Walk-ups are welcome, but we highly recommend booking your trip in advance. Book online or give us a call to see what our availability looks like on your desired date. See you on the river!
- Canoes, single kayaks and tandem kayaks available.
- Three trip lengths offered from 1, 2 and 3 hours.
Have your own boat? We offer a shuttling service for $10 per person for all of our scheduled trips. Book now to reserve your seat.
Discount of 10% applied for 10 or more people groups. To receive this discount the group must make the reservation with the livery manager, pay 50% deposit two weeks in advance, and pay the remainder of the group total in one transaction the time of the trip.
Guides and shuttle transportation are included. Choose from stand-up paddleboards, kayaks and canoes or a combination of them. Private tours are available on the river and lake for groups of five or more.
For all river trips - Tannery Park at 100 Stow Street, Kent, OH 44240. Look for our blue and gold trailer.
If you are going on the Sunset Stand Up Paddleboard trip, you will be meeting at Mogadore Resevoir - 2616 Cleveland Canton Rd, State Route 43, Mogadore, OH 44260.
When to arrive: Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled trip time as you must complete a waiver for each person on the trip, as well as get sized for a life jacket and paddle. We try to begin our trips on time, but if the trip prior to yours takes longer than it should, there is a chance that your trip will have to be pushed back a little bit. We appreciate your patience, we simply are not able to control trip duration as some people take longer than our anticipated trip times. Staff will try to be in touch with you if the prior trip is running over 15 minutes later.
- If you are more than 5 minutes late, we will have to rebook you to another trip, likely to another day as day trips are usually full. We have this policy so that all of our trips are able to leave on time to ensure that the next trip is able to leave on time. If you are late, this causes the entire group to have to wait on you either at the start of the trip, or they must wait on you at the end of the trip as the shuttle must bring everyone back at the same time. Thanks for understanding this policy.
Phones on our trips: At least one person in every party needs to bring a phone and leave it turned on so we can get ahold of you in case of bad weather or an emergency. We provide dry cases for phones so be sure to ask our staff for one, but larger devices such as the iPhone 6 plus do not fit. Crooked River Adventures is not responsible for any damages that may happen to your phone on our trips or for improper usage of the case we provide, and we recommend that you bring your own water proof case and keep your device in a safe location (in a secure pocket or bag) while on the river. Remember, even though your phone is waterproof, it does not float unless you have a specific flotation case, so be very careful if you take it for calls or pictures. It is best to pull onto the river bank to use it.
What to wear: We recommend wearing dry fit materials.
- Sandals with a strap or tennis shoes that can get wet are required.
- Sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, and a water bottle are encouraged.
- While we love a great picnic, we do not allow customers to stop along the way for meals or long stops as there is not enough time built into the trip for this. When you stop for more than a few minutes, other paddlers on the trip have to wait for you at the takeout before they can be transported back to their car, and it causes our remaining trips to have delayed start times. Thanks for saving your picnic or extended breaks for before or after your trip.
Friendly dogs are welcome on private trips(ask for details)
You may bring food and non-alcoholic beverages
Please note that there is not time built into the trips for you to stop along the way for a picnic. We sell snacks and drinks at our main trailer. Alcohol is not aloud on the river.
Cancellation Policy: Bad Weather: We run rain or shine except for when there is a high lightning threat, high wind, or severe rain/flood. A staff member will call and email you to let you know if your trip is canceled and can re-book you to a future trip or a full refund.
If Patron Cancels Trip: 72+ hours in advance = Full refund. Less than 72 hours = No refund