Crooked River Adventures
CROOKED RIVER ADVENTURES IS NOW OPEN*
Welcome to Crooked River Adventures! We are excited to have you join us this summer, and we are pleased to offer a variety of recreational and instructional opportunities on the Cuyahoga River and Mogadore Reservoir. Our season begins Saturday, May 26, 2018!
River trips include three destinations along the Cuyahoga River, all with easy-to-navigate routes and beautiful views. All river trips begin at Tannery Park in Kent, Ohio and ends at Middlebury Bridge, Brust Park or Waterworks Park, and return transportation is provided. The water is calm, relaxing and perfect for beginners and families with children.
Cuyahoga river options
Already know which trip you want?Walk-ups are welcome, but we highly recommend booking your trip in advance. Book online or give us a call to see what our availability looks like on your desired date. See you on the river!
- Canoes, single kayaks and tandem kayaks available.
- Three trip lengths offered from 1, 2 and 3 hours.
- Sunset Lake Stand-Up Paddleboard Tour - 2 hours
- Wednesdays, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Sunset River Kayak tours - 2 hours
- Thursdays, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Guided tours include experienced staff that will walk you through the basics of paddling and guide you down the river. All staff members are also certified in first aid.
Have your own boat? We offer a shuttling service for $10 per person for all of our scheduled trips. Book now to reserve your seat.
Mogadore Reservior (flatwater) options
- Kayak lessons
- Stand-up paddle board lessons
Experienced guides will provide group instruction to paddlers. Just let us know what skills you would like to work on ahead of time and we will try to tailor the instruction to your needs.
- Reserve an instructional program today!
Inflatable tube options
Walk-up tube rentals:
- Tube rentals are available for $10 for a two hour rental. Participants can walk upstream to Heritage Park in downtown Kent and float back downstream to Tannery Park, or leave their own vehicle at Middlebury Bridge and float 2 miles downstream. Ask staff for more information on how to go to Middlebury. Reservations highly recommended to guarantee availability.
- Hop on a tube and float from Tannery Park to Middlebury Bridge where staff will be waiting on you with return transportation. Trip takes 1.5-2 hours. Reservations are required.
Private tours are available on the river and lake for groups of five or more. Guides and shuttle transportation are included. Choose from stand-up paddleboards, kayaks and canoes or a combination of them. Discounts applied for 10 or more people.
On days when the Cuyahoga River is not runnable due to high or extremely low water, we offer trips to Mogadore for only $20.00 per person.