Create your own adventure! Whether you are looking for some personal fun or have a group of people in mind, the Adventure Center is the perfect place to help you hand-craft your custom adventure experience. From instruction to teambuilding to group outings, our experienced staff will work with you to meet your needs. Please call or email Chris John to discuss the needs of your group and set up a quote.
You can find information on typical programs including team building, climbing wall, and low and high ropes here: kent.edu/recservices/
Programs include the climbing wall, kayaking, canoeing, and stand up paddleboarding (SUP).
For the climbing wall, we offer indoor top rope climbing and rappelling, and outdoor climbing during the summer months. Our wall is 35 feet located inside the SRWC with 12 top ropes including one auto belay system.
· Climbing Wall Rental: Staff covers the basics of climbing and are there to encourage participants as they belay. The wall contains a variety of routes from easy to difficult.
· Introduction to Rappelling Clinic: Staff provides an intro to rappelling, how to reduce risks, and provides the awesome opportunity to rappel from the top of the wall.
· Outdoor Climbing: These programs take place at Whipps Ledges or Logtown Quarry, and is a great introduction to outdoor climbing. Experienced staff take care of everything including equipment, setting up routes, basic technique and belay participants.
We require a 2 hour minimum rental period and a minimum of 10 participants for all climbing options.
Our second program involves a private rental and/or private instructional lesson for kayaking, canoeing, and/or SUP.
· Cuyahoga River Kayak, Canoe and Stand Up Paddleboard: Groups begin at Tannery Park in downtown Kent and have the option of a 1, 2 and 3 hour tour. All tours include equipment, guides that are first aid and CPR certified and carry a first aid kit, paddle instructions and assistance with return shuttle. SUP trips are only able to do the 1 hour tour.
· Lake Kayak, Canoe and Stand Up Paddleboard: Groups meet staff at Mogadore Reservoir and include an intro to paddling with guides, and then tour around the lake. This program is best great for larger groups, and we give you a combination of kayaks, canoes and SUPs depending on your group’s preference. All Reservoir programs are 2 hours.
Additional Custom Programs:
· Archery - Learn the basics of archery in an outdoor or indoor setting
· Backpacking - Explore backpacking at CVNP or take a beginning trip to Minister Creek in the Allegheny Forest, PA with our experienced staff
· Camping - Enjoy camping at Whipps Ledges with the opportunity to tack on hiking, climbing, or paddlesports to experience the great outdoors
· Orienteering - Have some friendly competition racing to find various points in an area using only a map and compass
Please contact us for more information concerning these programs. If you would like to book your program, please click on this link and fill out our questionnaire so we can start to plan the details. I will review the form and confirm with staff and facilities and reply with a confirmation.