The Department of Recreational Services offers job fairs at least twice throughout the semester for current Kent State students interested in working for Recreational Services.
All Job Fairs are held from 5 - 6:30 p.m. at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center (1550 Ted Boyd Drive). During the Recreational Services Job Fair, prospective employees can meet area administrators, talk to current student employees and learn more about working for Recreational Services. Students must arrive by 5 p.m. and every applicant is required to attend a Job Fair presentation. Applicants may network and talk to hiring managers at any time throughout the Job Fair; however, they must attend the presentation (and receive a nametag) before they can turn in their materials and officially apply.
After they attend the presentation, candidates are invited to turn in their cover letters, resumes and applications. Applying to multiple areas is allowed and encouraged. Candidates should bring multiple copies of their materials if they wish to apply to multiple areas. Candidates should also come dressed in interview attire.
Spring 2019 Job Fairs will be held on Friday, April 5.
All dates are subject to change.
Specific job openings will be posted on Handshake.
- Crooked River Adventure Staff
- Water Safety Instructors
- Allerton Staff
- PEAK Camp Counselors
- Intramural Sports Officials
- Ground Keepers
- Arrive early! The Job Fairs begin precisely at 5 p.m. so arriving several minutes early is expected.
- Dress in business attire to increase your chances of receiving an interview. Jeans, leggings and ripped clothing are not considered appropriate attire.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume, cover letter and job application if you want to apply to multiple areas.
- Be prepared to sell yourself! Create a 30-60 second pitch all about you, and lead with that pitch when you introduce yourself to each administrator.
- Take the time to research the areas and their specific jobs below. A basic understanding of each job will make it easier for the administrator to get to know you.
- Additional questions? Contact our Training & Development Leadership Team, Juliann Montemayor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Baker by email at email@example.com.
Graduate Assistantships, Practicums and Internships
The Department of Recreational Services provides quality educational experiences to students majoring in sports administration, leisure studies, marketing or other similar degree programs.
For questions about Graduate Assistantships, contact:
For consideration for a practicum or internship, send resume and cover letter to:
Chris Baker by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Associate Director, Operations and Events, Kent State University Recreational Services, 1550 Ted Boyd Drive, Kent, OH 44242-0001
Recreational Services is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military status or disability.